Passport and Visa
Visa & Immigration Law Nepal
1. The foreign tourist visiting Nepal shall be granted the tourist visa.
2. The tourist visa shall be granted for a period in maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Visa years means January to December).
3. A tourist who has departed before the expiry of the period specified in the visa issued in a visa year shall not be allowed to use the visa by adding the remaining period to another visa year.
4. If any foreigner who has entered into Nepal towards the end of a visa year desires to spend even the period during which he may stay in Nepal with the tourist visa of the other visa year, he may use such facility.
5. Provided, however, that the computation of the fees for such period shall be made on the basis of the total period of his stay.
6. An application for the tourist visa has to be submitted in the format as referred to in Appendix 1.
Passport & Visa
A passport with at least 6 months validity beyond the planned trip in Neapl, with minimum two unused/empty pages available for the necessary visa sticker/stamp is required, and please note that it is your responsibility to arrange visas before you travel (this can be obtained on the arrival at Kathmandu Tribhuvan International airport). All foreign nationals (except Indians) require a visa to enter Nepal.
Visas are obtainable from embassies abroad or on arrival at Kathmandu's Tribhuvan International Airport.
If you are planning to get your visa at the airport then be prepared for long queues, especially on a peak trekking season.
A valid passport and one passport size photo with a light background. Visa can be obtained only through payment of cash in the following currencies: Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Canadian Dollar.
Credit Card, Indian currency and Nepali currency are not accepted as payment of visa fee.
- Multiple Entry 15 days US$25 or equivalent convertible currency
- Multiple Entry 30 days US$40 or equivalent convertible currency
- Multiple Entry 90 days US$100 or equivalent convertible currency